Last year, ME Research UK participated in The Big Give Christmas Challenge and raised over £20,000 of much-needed funds to invest in ME research globally. This year we would like to increase the amount of research we can fund by raising more through The Big Give.
The first step is to ask supporters to become Pledgers. No Pledge money will be collected until after the Big Give Christmas Challenge ends.
This year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge will be from midday Tuesday 28th November to midday Tuesday 5th December 2023.
Our goal is to secure £10,000 in Pledges. If we achieve this, we are guaranteed to be able to participate in this year’s challenge and may even attract a Charity Champion who will step in and match the next £10,000 donated when the Big Give Christmas Challenge goes live on 28th November 2023.
£100 is the minimum pledge permitted by The Big Give. We appreciate that this is a large sum but Pledges are key to the campaign’s success. Pledges are being collected until 5pm 1st September 2023.
The Christmas Challenge is a match funding campaign where donations made during the event are doubled by matching them with monies already pledged by supporters. Additional funds can also come from a Big Give Champion which further increases the giving fund.
Pledgers’ funds are key in 2 ways –
- Other supporters are more likely to contribute to ME Research UK during the 7 days of The Big Give if they know that their donation will be matched by a Pledger. One pledge, twice the impact. Conversely, donors may look elsewhere if they see their donation will not be doubled.
- If we secure sufficient pledges then we may be chosen by a Big Give Champion who will contribute even more to the pot.
To become a Pledger, please complete the Big Give’s online form by 5pm 1st September 2023.
If you would like to discuss The Big Give, please contact us on 01738 451234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Pledge is a promise of match funding made to a Charity. The Pledge is conditional on the Charity receiving the equivalent amount in online donations on The Big Give Platform – e.g. if you Pledge £100, you are offering to pay up to that amount to a Charity, dependent on them receiving the equivalent amount in Online Donations.
- A Pledge must not fulfilled (i.e. paid to the Charity) until after the Match Funding Campaign has finished and before the Pledge deadline.
- Pledgers should not make an online donation to the Charity to which they have provided the Pledge during the Match Funding Campaign.