Anna Redshaw’s ‘Blue Sunday’ Tea Party For M.E. in aid of various ME charities (including ME Research UK) will be held on Sunday 15th May 2022.
As Anna explains
On Sunday 15th May, people from all over the world will meet up online to chat and leave comments on each other’s posts. While doing so they’ll be enjoying tea and cake (or whatever their delicate digestive systems can manage) and donating what they can to M.E. charities and causes.
We are so often excluded from events because our symptoms can make it so difficult for us to leave the house, let alone spend an hour or two at an event. That’s why the Tea Party For M.E. has always had an online/virtual element running alongside any in-person tea parties.
The premise is simple.
- Wear something blue (pyjamas count!)
- Dig out your best cups and saucers
- Bake or buy your favourite cake
- Post a photo of you little tea party set-up to social media
- Invite your family and friends to enjoy tea and cake with you, in person or via video call
- Donate the price you’d pay in a café
- Connect with others online who are doing the same, by commenting on their photos and posts
- Feel a part of the in-person tea party as Anna uploads photos and videos from the event she host every ‘Blue Sunday’.
You can share your photos in the Blue Sunday 2022 Facebook Event or on Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtags #TeaPartyForME2022 #BlueSunday2022
You can donate to ME Research UK directly via JustGiving