Last year, ME Research UK participated in The Big Give Christmas Challenge and attracted The Hospital Saturday Fund as a Charity Champion adding to much-needed funds to invest in ME research globally. This year we would like to increase the amount of research we can fund by raising more funds through The Big Give. The first step is to ask supporters to become Pledgers.
This year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge will be from midday Tuesday 29th November to midday Tuesday 6th December 2022.
Our goal is to secure £7500 in Pledges. Thanks to our supporters we are guaranteed to be able to participate in this year’s challenge.
£100 is the minimum pledge permitted by The Big Give. We appreciate that this is a large sum but Pledges are key to the campaign’s success.
The Christmas Challenge is a match funding campaign where donations made during the event are doubled by matching them with monies already pledged by supporters. Additional funds can also come from a Big Give Champion which further increases the giving fund. The more Pledges we have the more likely we will attract the support of a Charity Champion.
Pledgers’ funds are key in 2 ways –
- Other supporters are more likely to contribute to ME Research UK during the 7 days of The Big Give if they know that their donation will be matched by a Pledger. One pledge, twice the impact. Conversely, donors may look elsewhere if they see their donation will not be doubled.
- If we secure sufficient pledges then we may be chosen by a Big Give Champion who will contribute even more to the pot.
If you would like to discuss The Big Give, please contact us on 01738 451234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a Pledger, please complete the Big Give’s online form by 11 September 2022 at 23:59.
Sign up here and become a Pledger – One Donation twice the Difference.
- A Pledge is a promise of match funding made to a Charity. The Pledge is conditional on the Charity receiving the equivalent amount in online donations on The Big Give Platform – e.g. if you Pledge £100, you are offering to pay up to that amount to a Charity, dependent on them receiving the equivalent amount in Online Donations. You will not be asked to contribute more than your pledged amount.
- A Pledge must not fulfilled (i.e. paid to the Charity) until after the Match Funding Campaign has finished and before the Pledge deadline i.e. no earlier than 5pm on 6 December 2022 and no later than noon on 14 January 2023.
- Pledgers should not make an online donation to the Charity to which they have provided the Pledge during the Match Funding Campaign.