ME Research UK is now able to fund biomedical research PhD studentships looking at the causes, consequences and treatment of ME/CFS.
In order to help encourage new researchers to embark on a career in the field, funding is available to support full or part-time PhD places at appropriate host institutions worldwide.
We are happy to consider projects in all areas related to the biology or treatment of ME/CFS, but we are especially keen to receive applications in the following areas:
- Muscle fatigue – underlying mechanisms and potential therapies
- Brain and nervous system – structural and functional changes
- Immune system – autoimmunity and the role of specific autoantibodies
- Metabolomics and the search for diagnostic biomarkers
- The symptomatic impact of ME on other organ systems