ME Research UK is pleased to an announce an open call for applications from researchers wishing to investigate the causes, consequences and treatment of ME/CFS.
Funding is available to support scientifically robust biomedical studies at appropriate host institutions worldwide, and the maximum award amount is £250,000.
The deadline for outline proposals is Friday 25 August 2023, by 5 p.m. BST.
It is essential that applicants demonstrate clear translational potential for their proposed research, and how it will benefit patients in the short-to-medium term.
We are happy to consider projects in all areas related to the biology or treatment of ME/CFS, but we are especially keen to receive applications in the following areas:
- Muscle fatigue – underlying mechanisms and potential therapies
- Brain and nervous system – structural and functional changes
- Immune system – autoimmunity and the role of specific antibodies
- Metabolomics and the search for diagnostic biomarkers
- The symptomatic impact of ME/CFS on other organ systems
Read more about the application procedure and how to submit an outline proposal at: www.meresearch.org.uk/research/research-grants/
Please read this information carefully, as our application procedure has changed since last year.