ME Research UK is pleased to an announce an open call for applications from researchers wishing to investigate the causes, consequences and treatment of ME/CFS.
Funding is available to support scientifically robust biomedical studies at appropriate host institutions worldwide.
It is essential that applicants demonstrate clear translational potential for their proposed research, and how it will benefit patients in the short-to-medium term.
We are happy to consider projects in all areas related to the biology or treatment of ME/CFS, but we are especially keen to receive applications in the following areas:
- Muscle fatigue – underlying mechanisms and potential therapies
- Brain and nervous system – structural and functional changes
- Immune system – autoimmunity and the role of specific antibodies
- Metabolomics and the search for diagnostic biomarkers
- The symptomatic impact of ME/CFS on other organ systems