Last year, ME Research UK participated in The Big Give Christmas Challenge for the first time raising much-needed funds to invest in ME research globally. This year we would like to increase the amount of research we can fund by raising more funds through The Big Give. The first step is to ask supporters to become Pledgers.
The Christmas Challenge is a match funding campaign where donations made during the event are doubled by matching them with monies already pledged by supporters. Additional funds can also come from a Big Give Champion which further increases the giving fund.
To be a part of the Christmas Challenge, we need to secure £1,000 in pledges. This can be from a single individual or ten supporters pledging £100 each. £100 is the minimum pledge permitted by The Big Give.
Pledgers’ funds are key in 2 ways –
- Other supporters are more likely to contribute to ME Research UK during the 7 days of The Big Give if they know that their donation will be matched by a Pledger. One pledge, twice the impact. Conversely, donors may look elsewhere if they see their donation will not be doubled.
- If we secure sufficient pledges then we may be chosen by a Big Give Champion who will contribute even more to the pot.
If you would like to discuss The Big Give, please contact us on 01738 451234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a Pledger, please complete the Big Give’s online form by 5pm 27th August 2021.
Sign up here and become a Pledger – One Donation twice the Difference.
- A Pledge is a promise of match funding made to a Charity. The Pledge is conditional on the Charity receiving the equivalent amount in online donations on The Big Give Platform – e.g. if you Pledge £100, you are offering to pay up to that amount to a Charity, dependent on them receiving the equivalent amount in Online Donations. You will not be asked to contribute more than your pledged amount.
- A Pledge must not fulfilled (i.e. paid to the Charity) until after the Match Funding Campaign has finished and before the Pledge deadline.
- Pledgers should not make an online donation to the Charity to which they have provided the Pledge during the Match Funding Campaign.