Essays and commentaries
- Misdiagnosis on a grand scale? An Editorial by Dr Neil Abbot about the increasing evidence that ME/CFS is often misdiagnosed.
- Why we need to start treating ME much more seriously. An “opinion piece” in The Herald Scotland highlighting the need for a Centre of Excellence in ME/CFS.
- XMRV and ME/CFS — A tumultuous journey for scientists and patients
- Structural and functional neuroimaging in ME/CFS. A short essay by ME Research UK.
- Research challenges in ME/CFS. Dr Neil Abbot’s review article.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome: A response to the Lancet review by Prins et al.
- Severely overlooked by science. An overview of research on severely-ill people with ME.
- Standing up for ME — orthostatic intolerance.
- Advances in the biomedical investigation of ME. An article for the magazine Interaction.
Talks and presentations
- Dr Vance Spence’s 2010 presentation to the Sheffield ME Group
- ME/CFS Research: What do patients want? Why isn’t it happening? A talk given by Dr Neil Abbot at the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Energising biomedical research in ME/CFS. A DVD presentation by Dr Vance Spence, Chairman of ME Research UK.
- Making the breakthrough. Vance Spence’s talk in Coventry 2005, at the invitation of the Warwickshire Network for ME.
- Cross Party Group parliamentary reception 2012
- The Medical Research Council: a case to answer? An essay on MRC research funding in ME/CFS.
- The NICE Clinical Guideline: from content to clinic.
- ME/CFS scientific research: CMO report and beyond. Dr Vance Spence’s presentation to the Gibson Parliamentary Enquiry.
- Biomedical research in ME/CFS: issues and challenges. A presentation by Dr Vance Spence to the Cross Party Group Parliamentary reception 2005.
- Unhelpful Counsel? Our response to the CMO’s Working Group report on CFS/ME.
- Research into ME/CFS in the United Kingdom: Can the National Research Register inform future policy? An analysis of ME research funding
- Who cares? A submission on the development of care pathways
Conference and meeting reports
- New Horizons International Conference 2008
- New Horizons International Conference 2007
- Colloquium on ME/CFS Biomedical Research 2006
- New developments in the biology of ME/CFS Research Workshop 2003
- 6th International Conference of the American Association for CFS 2003
- Shattered. Lynn Michell’s book published in 2003.
- Research publications on ME epidemics — relating to 47 epidemics of ME (appearing under various names) from 1934 to 1980, collected by Dr J Gordon Parish; contact us for advice on obtaining copies of individual publications.
- A Review of ‘The clinical syndrome variously called benign myalgic encephalomyelitis, Iceland disease and epidemic neuromyasthenia’. An essay by Dr J Gordon Parish.