Terms and conditions
In the context of these terms and conditions:
- ‘ME Research UK’ is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (no. SC036942) with an office at The Gateway, North Methven Street, Perth PH1 5PP, Scotland, UK
- ‘The website’ refers to any website under the control or ownership of ME Research UK from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions
- ‘The material’ refers to the design, text, graphics (and the selection and arrangement of these), and to the underlying source code and software, published on and contained in the website
- ‘User’ refers to the individual or organisation accessing the website or placing an order
B) Applicable terms and conditions
The website is owned by ME Research UK, and any use of it is subject to these terms and conditions. ME Research UK may modify these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
The copyright in all material published on this site is owned by ME Research UK, except for certain photographs, graphics and republished material. You may use extracts from the website for your own personal use provided that you fully acknowledge the source of the material. Commercial use is not permitted unless with the written permission of ME Research UK.
D) Trade marks
The name and logo of ME Research UK, and all related design marks and slogans, are the trade names or trademarks of ME Research UK, and may not be used without prior consent.
E) Website use
Anyone is entitled to view this website and to use the material contained within it, provided:
- It is used only for information purposes or for reproduction for personal use
- It is not reproduced on any other website or for commercial gain without the permission of ME Research UK
- Any external links to the website are approved by ME Research UK
- No part of the website is copied or transmitted in any form to a third party without the permission of ME Research UK
The material in the website is provided for informational use only, and is not intended to render specific medical advice or professional services. While ME Research UK has taken every care in compiling the site, it does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information. ME Research UK does not accept any liability to any person relating to the use of this material, and it is the user’s sole responsibility to evaluate the information and its applicability to their purpose. Users should contact a medical or social care professional, or another independent source of information, for specific advice regarding their own health or personal situation.
The user warrants to ME Research UK that he/she will not use the website, the material or any part of these, for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation, or in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property rights of third parties, or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful manner.
H) Third-party websites
Links to websites operated by other parties are provided for information only. ME Research UK does not necessarily endorse their contents, and it is the user’s sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy of any information they contain, and the value and integrity of any goods or services they provide.
While ME Research UK takes all reasonable care to exclude viruses from its website and e-mails, and employs anti-virus software for this purpose, it cannot accept liability for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Users are advised to take their own precautions.
K) Financial transactions
ME Research UK does not currently conduct any financial transactions online, although online donations can be received via the Charities Aid Foundation e-fundraising service. However, it does use its website to promote certain events, products and services, and to solicit for donations. Order and donation forms are available on the site, some of which can be filled in online, and some printed out and mailed to ME Research UK. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability, and ME Research UK reserves the right to vary fees and prices without notice, and to refuse to register or supply to any individual.
L) Applicable jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the use of this website shall be governed by the laws of Scotland. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland.
M) General points
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected
- Any failure of ME Research UK to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights, or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between ME Research UK and the user and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the user and ME Research UK.
N) Privacy statement
Our Privacy Statement can be read in full on this page.